The book was very informative, and I learned a lot about what my nutritional needs are. I now feel quite prepared for keeping my body healthy. Here are the top points and features I found in the book:
- Having deficiencies in both Vitamins D and B12 can be detrimental to your health, so take supplements of both.
- Soy products really are okay to eat as part of a plants-based diet and can even lower cholesterol. Just limit them to 3-4 servings per day.
- There is limited information about the long-term health of vegans, which makes it difficult to report statistics and compare facts or results with other studies.
- The book includes some helpful meal planning, even broken down by target caloric intake.
- There are sections based on stocking the vegan pantry and different ways to prepare and eat beans.
I suggest you read this if you are already a vegan or are contemplating transitioning to a vegan diet. The information is too valuable to pass up.