-it's fairly well known and acknowledged (at least in these parts)Still stumped?
-it happens every year on February 14th
-people may receive/give/make gifts for it
It's Oregon's 152nd Birthday!!
Of course, silly readers, you probably thought I was referring to another event that takes place on this date, and yes, I suppose this was all a giant lead-up to Valentine's Day.
In honor of Oregon's birthday and what could also be known as the day-every-guy-and-single-girl-hates, I have compiled two different lists of local goodies. Today's list focuses on gifts you can provide for some lucky folks in your life, whether you're single, have been married for 40 years, or just interested in treating yourself.
VALENTINE'S DAY GIFTS
1. Missionary Chocolate (vegan, gluten-free truffles made right here in Portland); my favorite is the Salted Vanilla Caramel, as seen below
2. Send these perfectly adorable cards via Love By Bike
3. Buy sweet treats from Back to Eden to share or enjoy alone
4. Buy flowers at Portland's own eco-florist, Emerald Petals
5. Stop by Redux where you're sure to find gifts for every loved one in your life (*bonus: most items are re-purposed and on their second (or third) time around)
6. Purchase locally-made (and very cute) crafty bits off Etsy, like these soaps from Prunella
7. Purchase a gorgeous picture of your favorite city, like this one from Ork Posters
Stay tuned until tomorrow, when I present the perfect itinerary for a local Valentine's Day.