It needs to be said. As much as I absolutely adore and have expressed my fondness for San Francisco, LA and Manhattan, it is necessary to note here that Seattle has quickly risen to the number one place in my heart.
What makes it so special, you might ask?
- one of my closest and dearest friends just moved here.
- the [vegan/healthy/progressive] food scene is rivaled only by LA, San Fran, and Manhattan, all of which are much more expensive cities.
- the active lifestyle is very accepted here, and there are soo many places to walk, hike, and explore.
- it's a small "big" city, very walkable, and completely accessible via public transportation.
- there is a vegan shoe + chocolate store AND a gluten-free, vegan bakery. I mean, really? How can I NOT want to live here?
Here are some picture highlights from last week's visit:
|GF/vegan pizza from Razzi's on Greenwood|
|GF/vegan chocolate torte from Razzi's|
|lunch buffet from Araya's Vegetarian on 45th|
|Kuan Yin Teahouse on 45th|
|Puri, made from chickpeas and lentils, at Bengal Tiger Indian|
|saffron rice at Bengal Tiger|
|vegan Kashmir Wala with pineapple, cashew, and raisin at Bengal Tiger|
|vegan chocolate (or, what's left of it!) from Chocolate Shoebox|
|fried tofu from Loving Hut|
|gluten-free chow mein from Loving Hut|
Well, that just 'bout sums up my most recent trip to this fantastic city.
Aaaand, lucky me, I'm returning to this lovely metropolis in March!