It's hard to believe, but Thanksgiving is tomorrow! Every time this American holiday rolls around, I like to sit down and conscientiously think about all that I am thankful for. I think it's incredibly important to remember all the ways in which I'm fortunate.
Here is my list, and I welcome anyone to leave a comment about what he or she is grateful for, too.
I am grateful for...
- My life and my health: this has been a difficult year in many ways, and my health has not been completely up to par, but I am still alive and [relatively] healthy.
- My wealth: I am certainly not swimming in money, but I am able to pay my rent, pay for electricity, pay for gas to power my car, and pay for food. I am not hungry, cold, or homeless.
- My friends: who would I be if I didn't have such an amazing support behind me? My friends make me want to live every day. They also make me who I am. They are essential.
- My job(s): I work crazy shifts and often too many days in a row, but I am lucky to have what so many people do not - a job. It allows me the freedom to live independently, travel periodically, and do so many things I couldn't otherwise do.
- My skills and hobbies: thank goodness I love to learn, write, run, and be creative. Life without these accents would be very boring and hard to live.
- My readers: old and brand-new, you listen to me weekly and spur me on to write the truth, as subjective as that may be, over and over again. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for paying attention to yet one more opinionated blogger in cyberspace. It means more than you can ever imagine.