|The finished product - yum!|
Gluten-Free Vegan Lasagne
Serves 4 (unless you're like me and you eat half of it in one sitting!)
1 box Gluten-free Pasta (I used Tinkyada Organic Brown Rice Lasagne)
1 cup dry Textured Vegetable Protein (TVP)
1 T. vegetable oil
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
1 zucchini, sliced
4 medium-sized mushrooms, sliced
1 t. basil
1 t. parsley
1 t. thyme
1 jar Pasta Sauce (I used Rising Moon Organics Garlic and Merlot)
1/2 cup nutritional yeast, 1 T. nutritional yeast, divided
2 t. sea salt
|After the first layer.|
- Cook pasta according to directions (there are actual two ways on the box; I chose to cook the pasta for 2 minutes and then let it sit in the water, off the heated burner, for 20 minutes). Set aside to let cool, but stir occasionally so the noodles don't stick to each other.
- Add hot water to the TVP until it is covered; let sit and hydrate while you are cooking the vegetables. Drain before using.
- Saute garlic and onion in oil on medium-high heat. Set aside.
- Season zucchini and mushrooms with basil, parsley and thyme. Saute in oil on medium-high until cooked through. Set aside.
- In a pot, warm the container of pasta sauce with the nutritional yeast, mixing well until it is combined. Add the TVP and mix well before turning off the heat and setting aside. You are now ready to assemble the lasagne.
- Lay four noodles down in a big, oven-proof pan. Pour half the sauce over the noodles and spread out evenly. Spoon half the veggies over. Add some garlic and onion. Lay four more noodles on top of this. Add the remainder of the sauce and veggies (and garlic and onion) and sprinkle the top with the rest of the nutritional yeast and the sea salt.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake at 350' for 15 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 15 more minutes. Let cool a bit before serving.
|Before going into the oven.|