5 cups vegetable broth (I used Not Chick'n Broth bouillon with 5 cups water)
1/2 t. salt
1 cup cornmeal
2 T. olive oil
1 t. rosemary
1 t. thyme
1 t. sage
1 t. dried parsley
1/4 avocado for top (optional)
1 t. vegan sour cream for top (optional)
- Bring salt and broth to a boil. Add cornmeal to liquid in a steady stream, whisking as you pour.
- Add the oil and lower the heat to simmer. Cook for 12 minutes, stirring often.
- Turn off the burner, cover, and let sit for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add herbs to taste and mix in.
- Dish the polenta onto your plate and cover with chopped avocado and a dollop of vegan sour cream. Sprinkle dried parsley on top.
I also steamed broccoli and chard for 20 minutes to add to this meal.